Introduction to Hyundai Automotive East Africa
1. USER’S CHOICE
The user always has the choice whether to provide Hyundai with certain user information via the website. Please note however that the withholding of certain details may limit the services Hyundai is able to provide..
2.PROTECTION OF USER PRIVACY AND USER INFORMATION
The user always has the choice whether to provide Hyundai with certain user information via the website. Please note however that the withholding of certain details may limit the services Hyundai is able to provide.
a. What is user information?
User information refers to personal and private information submitted to Hyundai via the website that identifies or relates to a user, whether the user is an individual or a business. This information includes details such as name, age, ID numbers, Registration Numbers, addresses and other contact details, income and payment records and financial information
b. Why does Hyundai collect user information?
Hyundai uses user information to identify the customer and to offer better online service. User information is also necessary to enable Hyundai to contact the user in the event of any query. Hyundai further uses user information to bring to the user’s attention details of Hyundai’s other services and products. The more Hyundai knows about you, the better we can serve you
c. You can help to maintain the security of your user information by:
- not sharing your user ID or password with anyone.
- changing your user password regularly
- remembering to sign off after using the website services
- not leaving the user’s computer unattended while conducting online transactions
- helping Hyundai to maintain accurate records by informing Hyundai when changes occur in the user’s information enabling us to update our records accordingly
- not sending any confidential information via non-encrypted e-mail
- not supplying your user information to any site you doesn’t know or trust
DISCLOSURE OF USER INFORMATION
a. The only instances in which Hyundai will share user information with other companies or individuals outside of Hyundai, is when:
- we have your consent. In respect of marketing services or products, consent to collect or use information can be expressed (for example signing an agreement) or implied (for example if the user is given an opportunity to opt out of a specific form of information sharing, but choose not to do so, it implies that the user chooses to share this information. ii. we provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted business or persons for the purpose of processing user information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this
- We have reasonable belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonable necessary to:
·∙ _satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
·∙ _enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; ·∙ _detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; of
·∙ _protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Hyundai, the users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Hyundai may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify the user individually.
- Other companies routinely contact Hyundai for user information. Hyundai will, however, only share user information in the instances where disclosure is made at the user’s request or with the user’s consent
- Credit Reference Agencies. Information about a user’s personal debt owed to Hyundai may be disclosed to credit reference agencies, where the userhas fallen behind with payments and has not made proposals satisfactory to Hyundai for repayment of debt following formal demand or where the user has given Hyundai written consent or where the user has a cheque referred to drawer, the information is placed on a cheque verification service. The User hereby consents that, and authorizes Hyundai or its agent to, at all times: • contact, request and obtain information from any credit provider (or potential credit provider) or registered credit bureau relevant to an assessment of the behavior, profile, payment patterns, indebtedness, whereabouts, and creditworthiness of the User;
·∙ _furnish information concerning the behavior, profile, payment patterns, indebtedness, whereabouts, and creditworthiness of the User to any registered credit bureau or to any credit provider (or potential credit provider) seeking a trade reference regarding the User’s dealings with Hyundai.